March 13 Minutes
Finance committee meeting
March 13, 2012
Present: Bob Ages, Eric Doherty, David Ravlin, Tosh Hyodo, Sharkoo,
Andrew Ages, Thomas Hoff
Regrets: Sema, Maxim
Meeting called to order at 5:10 pm.
Report from Andrew on effort to recruit additional signers.
He has asked Eric D., Natalie P., Oliver H., Carla F., Dayla H, and
Tom H. to become additional signers on Vancity account. Natalie
Agreed and approved: Undine Clara Foulds, Eric Doherty, Thomas Hoff,
Oliver Harwood, Dayla Hart.
Tosh will arrange a meeting with Nashila aiming for this Thursday
$167.58 to Eric Doherty - move of material from Vancouver indoor
storage to Richmond outdoor storage last Wednesday March 8, 2012.
Receipts received for truck and garbage fees (.3 ton of garbage!)
$90.23 to John Langdon - submitted receipt from Oct 15th 2011 - John
asked for cheque to be made payable to Courtney Harrop and given to
Sharkoo to deliver to her.
$254.85 to Kathryn Campbell (lawyer) for legal administrative expenses
(parking, photocopying) in relation to injunction court case. Invoice
dated Jan 31 2012 received.
$72.11 to Bob Ages for 90 foot extension cord and power bar for sound
at rallies. Receipt received.
$13.44 to Sean Flynn-Magee for printing for Free Market. Receipt
received. (Eric D. will deliver as well as last week's cheque to Robin
$249.95 to Tosh. Receipt received for $22.34 for wooden sign handles +
$115.61 for megaphone and 4 windsticks topped up. Receipts received.
Discussion on current location of windsticks - Tosh, Cameron, Sharkoo
confirmed. Sharkoo will give hers back to Tom A. Believed that Dana
had one. Tom will confirm with her if she has it or gave it to someone
Courtney and Cameron are actively live-streaming so we will approve
the topping up of two in the coming month. From now on we will ask
people with rocket sticks to top them up themselves and bring receipt
and bring them in to confirm physical possession. If necessary we will
pay for top up but will require proof of physical possession and use.
People with rocket sticks asked to bring them next Tuesday to begin
physical confirmation tracking.
Eric reported on outstanding invoice from Smithrite for porta-potties.
Total is around $2500 but includes $1800 damage charge which seems
very excessive. Invoice dates from Nov 21, 2011. Payment will not be
approved unless Smithrite gives us an itemized list of what they
fixed, including pictures of the damage and reasonable justification
for charge. Bob will investigate and negotiate and bring back to
discuss at next committee meeting.
There is still another truckload left in the indoor storage that needs
to be transferred to Patrick Jennings' shared storage under his
apartment building. $100 preappoved for transportation. Eric and Sean
Eric discussed three deep cycle batteries and a inverter (110 v from
12 v) that we have but need charging. Decided we won't buy a charger
until there's confirmation that we are going to re-occupy and will
need it. Eric will talk to Bruce Edwards, where batteries are being
kept, about bringing one into city for possible use for events.
Suggestion: gather various rally supplies and place into a single
bin, put contact name of who it should be returned to on container.
Tosh will coordinate.
Meeting adjourned: 6:45 pm.